It’s always important to make sure you’re pursuing the most valuable sign-up bonuses when pursuing credit cards. Right now, some people are having luck being targeted for 100,000 points sign-up bonuses for the Platinum Card® from American Express. In order to find out if you’re targeted, you need to fill out the Match Offer page at CardMatch.com.
Here’s a look at some of the major perks of this offer:
- 100,000 miles after spending $5,000 within the first 3 months
- Priority Pass access for you and two guests
- Centurion lounges access for you and two guests
- Delta SkyClub access when flying with Delta
- Hilton Honors Gold elite status
- SPG Gold Preferred elite status (and therefore Marriott Gold and Ritz-Carlton Gold), and rental car status as well
- 5X on airfare and 5X on hotels booked through the Amex Travel portal
- TSA Pre-Check/Global Entry $100 credit
- Annual fee: $550 (NOT waived first year)
Some people are also having luck with pulling up the 75,000 offer in Google Incognito or similar private browser, so you might want to consider that route as well.
Overall, I think the 100,000 point sign-up bonus is worthwhile. Sometimes these higher offers come with increased spend, but the minimum spend requirement for this offer is staying put at $5,000. If I were targeted (and had never received the bonus before) then I would probably jump on the offer. While the 100K offer comes and goes at times, it’s still a pretty unpredictable offer in terms of when you can expect it to return. You could be targeted for it today but no longer targeted months into the future.