Barclaycard is sending out targeted offers for its AAdvantage Aviator Red card and it’s a pretty sweet deal. If you spend $750 or more in each month of April, May, and June, you’ll earn 10,000 AAdvantage miles. So that’s a total of $2,250 spend for 10,000 AAdvantage miles, which isn’t bad.
Barclaycard has offered better offers in the past. For example, they just offered a 15K bonus for $500 spend for each of three months. Often these offers are tied to spending that you put on the card, but I don’t think that’s the case here.
If you don’t already have this card, I highly suggest that you consider applying for it because I consider it to be one of the top 10 cards out right now. Here’a a look at what it offers:
- Earn 40,000 AAdvantage miles after your first purchase within the first 90 days.
- Annual fee $95 (not waived)
This card also comes with perks very similar to the Citi Platinum Select including:
- First checked bag free for the primary cardmember and up to 4 companions on eligible bags when traveling on domestic itineraries operated by American Airlines.
- Group 1 boarding for the primary cardmember on domestic flights operated by American
- 25% inflight savings on food, beverages, and headsets on American Airlines-operated flights
- 10% of your redeemed miles back on redemptions (up to 10,000 miles per calendar year)
- No foreign transaction fees
It’s rare to find a sign-up bonus so high that can be earned by making a single purchase. It doesn’t get much easier than that. This card is great because you could combine it with the sign-up bonuses from the Citi Platinum Select personal and business cards, which could altogether earn you 140,000 AAdvantage miles or more. That’s enough for roundtrip business class to Europe and plenty for a first class one way on the Etihad Apartment.
Finally, Barclaycard often only pulls from TransUnion, so applying for this card is a great way to give your credit report a break from hard inquiries.